Ticket Insurance by Allianz Global Assistance
Product and Consumer Information
This information sheet serves to provide you with a brief overview of our insurance products. A description is only given of essential contents. The insurance cover including the sums insured and provisions on deductibles are exhaustively described in your documents to the insurance policy and in the General Policy Conditions.
Ticket Insurance (Cancellation Cover for Entrance Tickets)
Reimburses the total price of the individual / single ticket or the part of the price of the season ticket / the subscription if the event cannot be attended.
The insurance covers, among other things, an unexpected serious illness of the insured person or a close relative occurring after conclusion of contract which makes attending the event as planned unreasonable. An unexpected serious illness has occurred if specific symptoms of illness occur after being in a stable state of well-being which prevent the said person from attending the event and provide a reason for cancellation. Cf. § 3 AVB TV for further insured events.
No insurance cover is provided, among other things, for events which were expected at the time of booking the ticket(s). Further exclusions are given in § 4 AVB TV.
The insured person must report and document the loss immediately. Further obligations are set out in § 5 AVB TV. If an obligation is violated, the compensation may be reduced (cf. § 6 AVB TV).
For all classes of insurance, the Federal Insurance Supervisory Authority, Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BAFin), Graurheindorfer Straße 108, D - 53117 Bonn, Germany, is responsible for complaints.
The contract is governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, unless this conflicts with international law. Legal action based on the insurance contract can be brought by the policyholder or the insured person before the court with jurisdiction over the principal place of business or the branch of the insurer. If the policyholder or the insured person is a natural person, legal action can also be brought before the court in the district of which the policyholder or the insured person has his place of residence when the legal action is brought or, if he does not have a place of residence, his habitual place of abode.
In accordance with the provisions of the German Federal Data Protection Act, we hereby inform you that if a claim is filed your personal data which is required to implement the insurance contract will be stored. To check the application or the damage, inquiries will also be sent to other insurers and inquiries by other insurers will be answered. Moreover, data will be sent to the re-insurer.
We draw your attention to the fact that your consent in this connection is valid beyond the end of the insurance contract. By rejecting an application to conclude a contract, your consent ends. The addresses of each recipient of data will be provided pon request.
Right to revoke contracts valid for a term of one month or more:
You can revoke your contractual declaration within 14 days in writing (e.g., letter, fax, e-mail) without stating reasons. The period begins after you have received the insurance certificate, the terms of the contract including the Terms and Conditions of Insurance, the additional information pursuant to Section 7 (1) and (2) of the Insurance Contracts Act (VVG) in conjunction with Sections 1 through 4 of the VVG Decree on Information Duties – each of these notifications in written form. In case of contracts in electronic commerce (Section 312e (1)(1) of the German Civil Code (BGB), this period shall not commence prior to our performance of our duties pursuant to Section 312e (1)(1) of the German Civil Code in conjunction with Article 246 (3) of the Introductory Law to the German Civil Code (EGBGB).
The deadline for revocation is deemed met if the revocation is dis-patched in good time. It must be sent to: AGA International S.A., Ludmillastraße 26, D - 81543 Munich, Germany, fax + 49.89.6 24 24-244, e-mail: email@example.com
Consequences of revocation:
When revocation is effective, insurance cover ceases and we shall refund to you that portion of the premium allocated to the period after receipt of the revocation if you consented to insurance cover beginning prior to the end of the revocation period. We are entitled in this case to retain that portion of the premium that is allocated to the period until receipt of the revocation. This is a sum calculated proportionally by days. Amounts to be refunded will be remitted without undue delay, no later than 30 days after receipt of the revocation. If insurance cover does not commence prior to the end of the revocation period, then effective revocation means that payments received must be refunded and uses made thereof (e.g., interest) must be disbursed.
Your right of revocation lapses when the contract is completely performed both by you and also by us at your express request
before you have exercised your right of revocation.
Terms and Conditions of AGA International S.A., Germany Branch,
for the Ticket Insurance (Cancellation Cover for Entrance Tickets)
§ 1 What is insured? Who is insured?
- AGA reimburses the total price of the individual / single ticket or the part of the season ticket / subscription for each insured event not attended (incl. the respective fees) if the event cannot be attended for the reasons stated in § 3.
- The persons named in the policy or the group of persons specified in the certificate of insurance are deemed insured persons, provided that the premium was paid before the start of the event.
§ 2 When is the premium payable? When does the insurance begin and end?
- The premium must be paid on delivery of the insurance policy.
- Insurance cover
- begins on conclusion of the insurance contract and payment of the premium for the event(s) booked;
- ends at the agreed time, however upon passing the admission control for the respective insured event at the latest.
§ 3 On what conditions will AGA reimburse the ticket price?
- Insurance cover will apply if the insured person cannot reasonably be expected to attend the event as planned because he or she or a person at risk is affected by one of the following occurrences during the term of the cover:
- Severe injury due to accidental causes
- Unexpected serious illness
- Pregnancy, insofar as attending the event is impossible or unreasonable as a result thereof.
- Damage to the insured person’s property due to fire, explosion, storm, lightning, flood, earthquake or an intentional criminal act of a third party, insofar as the damage is substantial or the presence of the insured person is necessary to resolve the case.
- Moving on account of the insured person starting new employment if the event was booked before signing the new employment contract and the distance to the new place of residence is more than 100 km.
- Persons at risk will be deemed to be the following persons in addition to the insured person:
- The family members of the insured person. These are the spouse or life partner, their children, adopted children and step-children, parents, adopted parents and stepparents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, parents-in-law, childrenin-law and brothers and sisters-in-law of the insured person and the life partner of one of the accompanying insured persons.
- Persons caring for minors or for family members with nursing needs not attending the event.
- Persons who have purchased and insured a ticket jointly with the insured person and their relatives.
Where more than five persons have jointly purchased tickets for an event, only the insured’s respective family members and life partner and the insured’s caring person will be deemed to be persons at risk.
§ 4 In which cases does insurance cover not apply?
No insurance cover is provided in the following cases:
- If the event is cancelled or postponed by the event organiser or does not take place for other reasons concerning the event organiser.
- Damage caused by strike, pandemics, nuclear energy, seizure and any other intervention by higher authority as well as damage in areas for which the Foreign Office has issued a travel warning. If an insured person is at such a location at the time when a travel warning is issued, insurance cover ends 14 days after the announcement of the travel warning.
- Damage or losses as a result of war or warlike events. However, insurance cover is provided if the damage or loss occurs in the first 14 days after the start of events. This does not apply if the insured person stays in countries in which war or civil war is already being waged or the outbreak of war or civil war could be foreseen..
- Damage or losses which the insured person causes intentionally.
- Events which could be expected at the time of purchasing ticket(s) and/or concluding the contract.
- Episode of a mental illness and any addictions.
§ 5 What are the duties and obligations of the insured person in the event of damage or loss?
The insured person is obliged to do the following:
- Minimise the damage or loss as far as possible and avoid unnecessary costs.
- Report the damage or loss to AGA immediately.
- Describe the damaging event or the loss as well as the scope of the claim, truthfully provide AGA with any and all pertinent information and allow AGA to check the cause and amount of the claim asserted in a reasonable manner. The insured person must furnish proof in the form of original bills and receipts and release physicians from their confidentiality obligation as necessary – including the physicians of the Assistance – if knowledge of data is necessary in order to establish whether AGA has an obligation to indemnify and if so, the level of indemnity to be paid.
- Submit the original(s) of the unused single / season ticket or the subscription documentation or the copy of these documents with a confirmation by the event organiser on the non-attendance of the event(s) for which the single / season ticket or the subscription was not used – in case of single tickets immediately after the occurrence of the reason for cancellation, in case of season tickets / subscription immediately after the end of the season.
- Submit proof of insurance to AGA.
- Furnish proof of a severe accidental injury, an unexpected serious illness or pregnancy by a medical certificate stating the diagnosis and treatment data, in the case of psychical illnesses, a medical certificate from a psychiatry specialist.
- All other insured events by submitting suitable original documents.
§ 6 When does the insured person forfeit claims to insurance benefits due to a breach of obligations and the statute of limitations?
- If an obligation is intentionally violated, AGA is released from its obligation to indemnify; in case of grossly negligent violation, AGA is entitled to reduce its payment in proportion to the seriousness of the fault of the insured person.
- The insured person must furnish proof that no gross negligence was involved. Except in case of fraudulent intent, AGA is obliged to indemnify if the insured person furnishes proof that the violation of the obligation is not the cause of either the occurrence or the determination or the scope of AGA’s obligation to indemnify.
- The claim to an insurance benefit lapses in three years, calculated from the end of the year in which the claim occurred and the insured person obtained knowledge of the circumstances in order to assert the claim, or would have obtained knowledge without gross negligence.
§ 7 When does AGA pay compensation?
As soon as AGA has determined whether and to what extent it has an obligation to indemnify, compensation is paid within two weeks. Compensation is paid solely by transfer to a bank account.
§ 8 What applies if the insured person has claims for damages against third parties?
- In accordance with statutory regulations, claims for damages against third parties pass to AGA up to the level of payment effected, provided that the insured person suffers no disadvantage thereby.
- Upon request by AGA, the insured person is obliged to confirm in writing the transfer of claims to this extent.
§ 9 What form must be followed for submitting declarations of intent?
- Notices and declarations of intent from the insured person and the insurer must be in writing (e.g. letter, fax, e-mail).
- Insurance agents are not authorised to accept such documents.
§ 10 Which court in Germany is responsible for dealing with the assertion of claims based on the insurance contract and which law applies?
- At the option of the insured person, the courts of Munich or the place in Germany where the insured person has his or her permanent residence or habitual abode at the time the legal action is brought shall have jurisdiction and venue.
- The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply insofar as they do not conflict with international law.
General information in the event of claim
What do you do in any case of damage?
The insured person must minimise and document the damage as far as possible. For this reason, please ensure that you have suitable proof of the occurrence of the damage (e.g. confirmation of damage, medical certificate) and of the extent of damage (e.g. bills, receipts).
What do you have to do if you cannot attend an event?
(Ticket Insurance / Cancellation Cover for Entrance Tickets) Please submit the following documents to AGA in case of an insured event – immediately after the occurrence of the insured reason in case of single tickets, immediately after the end of the season in case of season tickets / subscriptions:
- Certificate of insurance
- The original/s of the unused single / season tickets or proof of subscriptions or a copy of these documents with a confirmation
from the event organiser on the event/s not attended for which the single / season ticket or the subscription was not used.
- The respective documentation of the occurrence of the insured event according to § 5, no. 6 and 7 (e.g. medical certificate).